A magnet for fun-seekers and marine buffs, Paddles’s 3½ hour kayak eco-adventure tour takes you through the heartland of tropical Antigua. You travel by motor boat along the coastline, kayak through secluded lagoons, mangrove alleys, tiny islands and coastal inlets; then explore an uninhabited island with white-sand beaches and knock-out views. Keep those eyeballs peeled for turtles, stingray, starfish, ballahoo, conch, angel fish, a variety of reefs and a spectacular range of magnificent tropical birds. Great photo ops!
At the end of the trip you can opt to simply kick back under a coconut tree or take to the crystal waters for carefree swimming and snorkeling. Then it’s back to the clubhouse for banana bread, rum punch, chilled towels and warm hospitality from hosts Conrad and Jennie LaBarrie.
Highly knowledgeable local guides ensure complete safety as well as fascinating insights into the region’s reefs, flora and fauna and it’s magical marine life. Big thumbs up go to Paddles for their environmental awareness initiatives, particularly with local schoolchildren, who learn about the importance of conservation, ecology and protecting the region’s wildlife and fragile ecosystems.
- The minimum age for the trip is 7 years.
- For those who’d like to linger longer in this secluded tropical haven, the owners of Paddles rent out a gorgeous oceanfront studio, complete with private dock, jaw-dropping views and a lovely tropical garden.
- You don’t need to be a strong swimmer or to have snorkeled or kayaked before: just be moderately fit and ready for fun!
- This tour is not for the physically challenged or pregnant women.
- All equipment is provided by Paddles, and is sanitized after every use.