The ideal lovers’ retreat, its all there, from the vine-covered walls, ornate black wrought iron, and the bubble of terracotta fountains. Nestled away into the side of a cliff, just moments away from the powdery, mother-of-pearl sand of Enterprise Beach, Little Arches is the only hotel located near this stunning south coast beach. Standing at the edge of the cliff, the wind plays with your hair just the right way – ideal for memorable romantic moments and a far cry from Barbados’ West Coast or South Coast offerings.
The hotel itself is a charming Spanish-style building, with turrets and arches that give the place inherent romance and character. Nestled under huge flowering trees, there are only 10 boutique rooms, each with its own unique personality.
All the rooms at Little Arches are named after islands in the Lesser Antilles, and are ultra-romantic, with cool, shaded terrazzo floors, and gauzy white curtains on the four-poster iron beds. Each enchanting room is tucked into a different part of the hotel, some with intimate wrought iron balconies, where happy couples can relax in robes and breathe in the flower- and salt-perfumed air.
Fancy a late-night soak under the stars with a glass of bubbly? There are two extra special suites available, with oversized whirlpool spas on the private terraces.
Romance. Real easy when you’ve got the right resort…
- The headliners hands down are the luxury ocean suites, boasting full kitchen, living/dining space and private oversized jacuzzi terrace to overlook expansive ocean views.
- Leave the kids, Little Arches is an adults-only experience.
- Situated on the rooftop of the hotel, the Zagat-rated Café Luna lives up to its name, with the moon as the head host, the stars as the attendants.
- Concierge services, complimentary WI-FI internet access, chilled face towels poolside, hospitality room, chaise loungers poolside and towels, beach chairs and towels, weekly Managers’ cocktail reception, International newspaper service and room service.
- All Ocean-view and garden rooms feature:
- En-suite bathrooms with roomy showers and bathrobes
- King-size four-poster beds, and additional sofa bed
- AC/ceiling fan
- Plasma screen TV
- Mini fridge
- Nightly turn-down service