First opened in 1887, this windswept, cliff-side resort on the southeast coast has been transformed from a remote getaway into a world of its own. Residential blocks, a central shopping village with social life, restaurants, and bars occupy beautifully landscaped parkland. With 40 acres of it, there’s still a sense of space. Nearly everywhere you look, there’s a vista, and the beach is world-renowned.
The Crane’s developer bet the farm that this historic resort had a big future ahead, and that if he did it right, a discerning public would want to own a piece of it. It seems he’s right on all counts. Buying into the Crane is an attractive proposition.
You can safely bet on these pluses: Units range from 800 to 4014 square feet in size and come in a variety of floor plans. All are finely finished and fully kitted out. All come similarly furnished in agreeably elegant traditional style with neutral colours. Amenities are plentiful and include AC, washer/dryers, and fully equipped kitchens with granite counters. Most have broad. loungeable balconies. Some have private pools or roof terraces. All get full resort services’security, concierge, maintenance, maids, and so forth.
Whether you’re considering the Crane as an investment or a place to spend time, purchasing is a low-pressure process. Nobody pushes and there is no haggling. The price is fixed and you take it or leave it. If you lean towards Yes, your decision is simply which plan you want’full or fractional ownership. Either way, all taxes, legal and transfer fees are included in the sale price too, so that’s a major hassle dispensed with.
What if you want to rent it out when you’re not in residence’ That, too, is easy. The Crane will manage that, and do it without a fee until your costs are covered. Thereafter, it’s a profit sharing situation, weighted in your favour.
Who’ll be your neighbours’ The recent economic upheavals have shifted the demographics, but expect nearly all of the clientele to speak English and to be sensibly planning their retirement lifestyles. Half of the sales of full ownerships are from people who have taken a month, found they liked it, and decided to commit further. We need say no more.
- Year round occupancy and activity mean you’ll never have that ghost town feeling.
- Ownership is set up as a freehold in an offshore structure, so that onward sales or inheritance are easily accomplished.
- Many household necessities and food items are available on property. A large grocery store and adjacent shopping centre is about 15 minutes away.
- The Crane is 10 minutes from the airport, 15 or 20 minutes to a major mall with cinemas, and 30 minutes to Bridgetown.
- Prices range from US$630,000 to 2.8 million. Remember, this includes everything.
- Owners may also sublet privately.