With touches of Indian and Balinese décor, Nandana Villa is nestled off the West End of Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas. From Sanskrit, Nandana means paradise; and how right they are!
Marvel at the vaulted copper roofs and intricately carved Balinese doors opens up to the ornate loveliness inside. Honey-coloured teak adorns much of Nandana’s interior, creating a warm, inviting space for couples and families alike.
Nandana’s owner, Gigi Salisbury, admits the logs were purchased in India at Anuradha Timber and each one of them was blessed before being packed into eight 40-foot containers. Each room in the home contains at least one piece of the blessed wood, ensuring a serene space.
Don’t be surprised if you’re greeted with Nandana’s wonderfully tangy limeade and while you sip, allow your eyes to travel along surfaces, through doorways and always, out towards that magnificent view. An infinity pool stretches the full length of the house and creates delineation between the house and the sea. Chef Patrick Pierre works among his Turkish marble countertops veined with purple and reds to create Nandana’s culinary wonders.
Despite the 10,000-square -foot appointment, the villa never appears too large. Spaces are intimate and instantly familiar. The smoothness and earthiness of the teak combined with fantastic touches of brilliant stones, tiles, and marble perfectly balance each other out. Large-scale artwork and artefacts collected from many trips add punches of colour and interest.
At Nandana, guests can revel in the ornate décor, or they can enjoy the sumptuous meals and eternal views. Experience paradise among the serenity of the grounds and indulge in the villa’s spa. Just be sure to set-up a reminder when it’s time to go home!
Things to note:
- Fish the deep sea aboard the Lioness, our luxury sport-fishing yacht, or experience a day of unrivalled bone fishing with our private guide
- Visit the abundant sea life with a scuba diving or snorkelling tour. Or, take to one of our watercraft for a picnic on a deserted beach. For the more adventuresome, shark diving and swimming with dolphins can be arranged
- By land, enjoy the challenging, new 18-hole Jack Nicklaus designed golf course adjacent to Nandana, or explore the beach and sand dunes on our ATV’s. Bicycling, volleyball and an array of other toys lie at your fingertips
- Take to the skies in our private airplane to view deserted islands with colourful histories, landing for lunch at a five-star resort on another island and returning in time for a pre-dinner massage and sunset cocktails
- At night, gamble at the nearby casino or take a walk on our moonlit beach. Whatever your desire, experience it at Nandana, your paradise
You can reach Nandana by yacht (65 miles from the South Florida coast), helicopter or private jet. Should you choose to arrive at the adjacent private airport; the Nandana staff will greet and escort you on the five-minute ride to the property in a customized Nandana golf cart.
Alternatively, commercial flights from all major U.S., and European cities arrive at Freeport International Airport where a Nandana staff member will greet and escort you on the 30-minute ride to Nandana.
Visit Nandana at http://www.nandanavilla.com/