Even a glimpse of a whale’s disappearing tail fin is enough to send thrills through even the most docile aquatic life lover. Whale and dolphin watching might be one of the most amazing experiences you will ever have. Pair that with a trip out on our lovely Caribbean waters and you’ve got yourself the ideal vacation activity.
During our first whale watching expedition with Hackshaw’s Boat Charters about 10 years ago, I have personally chartered one of their boats at least a dozen more times since then. I’ve even convinced my wife and other friends on our sea faring adventures.
While St Lucia may be known as the honeymoon island of the Caribbean, this gorgeous island can now also tout whale and dolphin sightings amongst its must-sees. Chris Hackshaw and the rest of the outstanding team members have always gone above and beyond to ensure each guest has an unforgettable experience. It’s St Lucian hospitality at its best.
Even though I always have the urge to spend the day deep sea fishing with Hackshaw’s (they do coastal cruises, too); the thrill of seeing a Sperm Whale up close and personal or marvelling at the playfulness of the dolphins is hard to resist. The tour’s ‘Whale Watch Special’ seals the deal every time.
My friends have come away asking the same question I find myself asking, ‘Can we join you again next year’ That’s an easy answer; we’ve them booked again for 2013. Will you join us’
- The most frequently sighted of the whales are the, Sperm (45ft), the Pilot (20ft) and the Humpback (60ft). Occasionally, we experience what can only be considered the pinnacle of all sightings the Orcas (Killer Whale 30ft).
- The Dolphins are considered the darlings of the Ocean, and their gracefulness and playful actions must bring a smile to any and everyone\’s face.
- Whale Watch Safari Tours leave our docks at the Vigie Marina in Castries at 9:00 a.m., and returns three hours later at 12:00 p.m. US$60.00 per head.
- Private Whale Watching Tours can be customised to your desire, leaving and retiring at your convenience, and if you like, we can make a day trip of it, visiting the sights and some swimming! Call our office for further information and pricing.
- Telephone: (758)-453-0553 / (758)-452-3909
- Fax: (758)-458-1250